Lyonesse Wrote:
> Thanks Wombat, no more glitch removal shenanigans for me thats for
> sure!. I was using a cheap trust card with digital coaxial out,
> everything turned off in software except the spdif. i bought this
> especially to enable listening through my Hi-Fi.
> Jack.
Aha! Cheap Trust soundcard = resampling everything to 48kHz due to the
AC97 standard.
Resampling from 44.1kHz to 48kHz isn´t that easy to do correct. Now it
makes absolute sense. There are enough measurements around the web that
these resampling algorhytms used in cheap soundcards resample away highs
often. Imagine the new X-Fi uses most of its 50000000! Transistors just
to do a clean resampling.
I bet your Trust card does the soundchange and not foobar. You can test
this with a foobar plugin that resamples everything to 48kHz with the
SSRC algorythm so your soundcard hasn´t to do this job.
I am very interested how it sounds then.

--
Wombat