ModelCitizen Wrote:
> This is very interesting.
> Can you confirm that my understanding of what you have said is correct?
> You are saying that the SB analogue outs are less likely to be prone to
> jitter than the digital outs coupled to an external DAC (even a
> Benchmark Dac 1 for instance)?
> MC

Yes, that's what I'm saying, and I think it's true to within my
(limited) understanding of this.

Benchmark claims to be able to eliminate jitter via buffering and
re-clocking, but it's not clear to me that this is possible and/or
won't introduce other errors.  Note that if that claim is true, all
error-free (that is, decent) transports feeding a DAC 1 should be
indentical, period.

In any case, you should have less jitter at the input to the SB
internal DAC than at the input to any external DAC.  Of course that
doesn't mean it will sound better, which is subjective and depends on
lots of things besides jitter.

--
opaqueice