norderney Wrote:
> I have been thinking of getting a 1Tb external  Lacie drive.  Lacie seem
> to be the only people making 1Tb external hard drives.
>
> Do I have any other options other than Lacie for 1Tb?

Well, the LaCie probably isn't really a 1TB drive.  It's actually
multiple drives in a box, striped so it looks like a 1TB drive.

These have their pluses and minuses.  Plus, they're big.  Plus,
striping makes them appear fairly fast.

The downside is that if one drive in the box crashes, you lose all your
data (and not just half, due to the way data is spread across the two
drives).  Thus, if you have 2 drives in there, your odds of losing your
data are twice what you'd have with only a single drive.

Eric

--
kolding