opaqueice Wrote:
> I'm not sure anyone can figure out what you're asking - maybe you should
> try asking a more coherent question if you want a response.
>
> EAC reads CDs, which have a form of ECC built in - is that what you're
> asking about?  And cliveb was claiming (for some reason) that EAC is no
> better, or even worse, than standard CD players...  so I for one have no
> idea what you're asking about.

Please read his quote again:

"Of course I acknowledge that CDs do exist which cannot be read without
error. They may be damaged, or they may have been mastered/pressed
badly. But in my experience, playing such a CD on an audio CD player
and recording the SPDIF output often gives a better result than letting
EAC "do its magic." - cliveb"

As Phil points out, a CDP is not going to be able read a damaged
disc as well as EAC, so the recording cliveb makes off the
CDP's SPDIF output is probably going to contain ECCs.

If cliveb now runs this CDR through EAC, I'd like to know what
"magic" EAC is going to perform to recover the data that the CDP
couldn't read.

--
mauidan