JJZolx Wrote:
> Yes, that may very well be the case in commodity consumer electronics.
> Not high end audio.  It's a market with its own rules and very diffrent
> market forces.  We're not talking about $300 Sony recievers and $100
> Hyundai DVD players, we're talking about $5000 DACs and $15,000 two-way
> monitors.

The key is volume, unless you are selling enough units to be able to
make bulk purchases on components, costs are usually going up all the
time (labour, delivery etc.) Unless of course you are discounting to
make way for new products.

Since Slim have announced the Transporter well before shipping, I
wonder of they will fall under the "Osborne" effect, and I don't mean
grow long black hair, wear tinted glasses and develop Brummie accents.
I know it's an urban myth (it was bad management that killed Orborne,
not annoucing next gen products too early), but will announcing a new
product before shipping damage existing sales of the SB3? What if the
product slips, as many do?

Paul

--
CardinalFang

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...