PhilNYC Wrote:

> Those same people are not likely going to be satisfied with a 750GB
> internal hard drive on an Olive Opus, either...and as such, will likely
> not like the idea that they will be buying a redundant internal hard
> drive on an Opus.

I see you chose to not quote my reply where I said that the Opus could
be extended by adding drives - I'm not pushing the opus either, it has
some missing features too, but it is a complete package in the box,
rip, server and playback. Slim is not - that matters to a lot of
people, not all I grant you, but when people have seen my set-up they
have backed off buying their own because any form of tweaking a PC is
alien to them and they just won't do it in case it crashes their PC.

PhilNYC Wrote:

> Anyways...there are many different types of customers, with varying
> needs and desires.  Will be interesting to see how this all unfolds...

I agree, I think all the usual suspects, Naim, Linn, Meridian etc. will
be in this space soon and it'll be intruiging to see how Slim stacks up
against the establishment in trade reviews and recommendations.

--
CardinalFang

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever...