seanadams Wrote:
> Safety concerns aside, there are very important reasons wrt sound
> quality NOT to do this using only the digital volume control. I've
> tried to explain it a zillion times...
>
> Anyway, transporter's RCA outputs have attentuation jumpers for 0, -10,
> -20, and -30dB.  So you can safely and correctly drive an amp directly.

Don't worry, I'm sure the drawbacks of digital volume control has
entered everybody's minds. It's no worse than my TacT however.

Output attenuation is very nice to have.

However, would someone from SD be kind enough to explain what special
considerations have been taken to make the Transporter suitable as a
pre-amp? (Start-up behaviour, mute facilities, polarity switch
facility, etc, etc.)

--
P Floding