seanadams Wrote:
> You'd have to explain "etc etc" - I'm not sure what all you want it to
> do. To be clear, it's not meant to _be_ a preamp or even to do all the
> things a preamp might do. I'm just saying it's designed to work without
> one in then chain.  Mute level is extremely low, 18uV rms or so. There
> is some thump (limited by the jumpers) on a hard power on/off as the
> supplies ramp - no way around that really without relay muting, which I
> decided against in the spirit of keeping the signal path as absolutely
> short as possible. Polarity could be switched in software - i'm not
> sure if you're asking for one channel vs the other, or both together.

ok, "etc, etc" mainly means no unexpected volume raises. I't could be
someones $20k speakers on the line. The web interface need to have an
option to disable the web based volume control altogether, or limit its
operating range to within the volume range set at the Transporter -so a
simple stray click won't cause problems.

If it is not designed to be a pre-amp, I don't think it should be used
as one. At least not in a valuable system.

--
P Floding