PhilNYC Wrote:
> I continue to have an open offer to anyone on this forum who is in the
> NJ/NY area to come over to my place and do a listening test...I've got
> two identical transports (Sony S7700) with one unit modded specifically
> to improve jitter.  I have no doubt that anyone with reasonable hearing
> can hear the difference in my system.  I'll also be able to demonstrate
> a direct comparison of the SB2 to my reference transport (Oracle CD1000)
> where you'll hear a significant difference (in fact, I just did it this
> morning for someone).  And once my Transporter arrives in September,
> I'm sure that the results will be similar.

Phil,

I can wholeheartedly (and experiencially) agree with what you have
said.  In my system and others, we have had a group of audiophiles and
non-audiophiles do direct A/B comparisons of different transports and
in EVERY case, the one with the lowest jitter not only sounds
different, but better.  The ruling transport at the moment is a
PS-Audio Lambda, which everyone in the room agreed sounded better than
others, and in the case of a cheap DVD player and (longer back) a
pretty good NAD CD Player, MUCH better! I can only imagine how good the
Oracle CD1000 sounds! Just so that I can have realistic expectations of
my limits :) how does it compare to the SB2?

Robert.

--
Robbymagman