Pat,

I am all for the simplest path possible, and I agree with you re your
comments about amps with no tone controls etc.  However, I read the
members post above about when he tried using his SB2 straight into a
power amp he said he needed some kind of attenuation, I assume like a
passive preamp.

I figured the best way for me would be to use the DAC-1 as a preamp and
use the volume control on it.  Although I have read elsewhere that the
preamp section of the Benchmark is not very good quality and should be
used as a DAC only.

However I am having a cable made up and when it arrives I will try the
SB2 straight in using the digital volume control and see what happens.
Maybe I missed something but that was my understanding of the issue.

Colin

--
Colin Reilly