mauidan Wrote:
> What pulse transformer are you using?
>
> A properly designed pulse transformer should have no problems
> with rise time or bandwidth.
>
> Is there a pulse transformer on the AES/EBU output?

I think you misunderstood me - neither has "problems" but when we are
talking about picoseconds of jitter there will certainly be differences
from one interface design to the next.  The transformers we use are
Vitec 1:1 made for s/pdif.   They are used for both the input and the
output ports for both BNC and XLR connections (four altogether).  I
also experimented with a few other makes and these were chosen for
having the cleanest waveform - symmmetrical and fast, but with no
under/overshoot. When I get a minute I will post some scope screenshots
so you can see exactly what it looks like.

--
seanadams