sleepysurf Wrote:

> Now, this begs the question (for Sean I suppose), WHY does this work???
> It certainly sounds like there could be a permanent software fix for
> this issue.

That's astonishing. If it is really 100% reproducible then I would
start by trying to pare down the system to a minimal set of equipment
that can trigger this. First diconnect speakers, then the amp, etc.  If
you can narrow it down sufficiently then we could try to set it up here
and look with a spectrum analyzer to find the source of whatever
triggers the door bell.

Anyway, you get the award for strangest post ever!

--
seanadams