PhilNYC Wrote:
> I just tried this...very cool.  Lower noise floor, reduced harshness in
> the vocals and cymbals...still not where my reference transport is, but
> I'm pretty surprised that the gap closed as much as it did.
> Interesting...

If you have a system good enough to hear the difference from muting
analogue out, then it might be worth testing using WAV instead of FLAC
(if indeed you are using FLAC at the moment).

The good news is that FLAC can be converted to WAV on the server side
(Server Settings, File Types). (Verify by checking that fast-forwarding
stops working when conversion is being performed.)

In theory FLAC should sound exactly the same as WAV, but I maintain
that I hear an improvement listening to WAV.

--
P Floding