ackcheng;131772 Wrote:
> I am also very curious to know why a modified SB3 with its digital
> output will sound better than the unmodified one.....
>
> 2 things that affects digital signal. First is bit perfect information
> and with EAC, we already have this sorted out. The second is jitter, I
> think SD has shown that even the unmodified version of SB3 gives very
> low jitter.
>
> So what is it that makes the modified SB3 with a linear power
> supply/transporter bettern than the unmodified version?

Just a comment about "having shown":
Measurements taken at one or a couple of occasions, in a few different
settings, do not actually prove performance in a number of different
configurations (i.e with varying external influences).

Also, a single figure for jitter doesn't really say very much about the
jitter's influence on the sound. To make matters even more complicated,
different receivers of the SPDIF datastream can be influenced
differently by any present jitter.

--
P Floding