gharris999 wrote:
Not cursed like I'm cursed, though.  It's not enough that I've got to
flac all those CDs.  Now that I've figured out how to embed the cover
art, I've got to scan all the jewel-cases too.  Next, I'll start
feeling the need to OCR all the liner notes and embed those too.  It's
sisyphusian, man.

I've done a bit of rock pushing in my time too, but why scan the covers? Between Amazon and AllMusic, I've found online images of all of my CDs. There are tools to automatically retrieve them, mine is currently broken, but there are others.

And why are you trying to embed them? or where are you embedding them? I just put them as cover.jpg in the album's directory and the SlimServer does all the hard work.

Liner notes? What are they? I remember buying vinyl LPs that sometimes came with liners, and sometimes they had notes. With most CDs, I never even look at the stuff in the jewel cases. I open the case, stick the CD in my computer, rip it, compress it with flac and move it to the right place in my SlimServer library. Do they even write on the paper in the jewel boxes?

A fair number of my recent CDs don't even have jewel boxes, they are in some sort of recycled paper sleeves....

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html