[EMAIL PROTECTED];140485 Wrote:
> Gharris999, how do you do this embedding trick, again?[/color]

Slimserver understands jpgs embedded into FLACs in a COVERART tag if
they are base64 encoded.  About a year ago, Aurorix, a participant on
the HydrogenAudio forums, wrote a modification to MetaFlac that allows
text files to be embedded into FLACS via the MetaFlac command line.
See this thread for the details, the binaries and the sources:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=38352

I embed my coverart in my whole-album FLACs by first scanning the CD
covers at 300x300 and saving them to the same base file name as the
FLACed album.  I then just drag and drop the FLAC file onto a shortcut
that invokes a script that b64 encodes the jpg and then embeds the
encoded image in a COVERART tag.

I've put my windows scripts and supporting utilities (with sources)
along with a couple of small example test FLACs here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~gharris999/FlacCueTools.zip

One caveat: the modified MetaFlac seems to have some limitations:  it
can't handle files greater than 64k.  Also, it seems to have trouble
with ansi text files that include some diacritics (e.g. ΓΏ).  The
solution to that problem has been to feed MetaFlac text files that are
already UTF8 encoded.  Slimserver is smart enough to recognize the UTF8
byte-order-mark in embedded cuesheets and skip it.

--
gharris999