rajacat;142440 Wrote:
> Electronics mods are analogous to automobile mods. Even very high end
> car manufactures make compromises on what they offer as standard
> equipment. To take a stock SB and upgrade some of the parts certainly
> will improve its performance...it's common sense.
>
> To dis modders for performing an useful service without listening to
> their product is unwarranted. Now if their mods don't improve the SQ or
> hurt it then negative criticism is to be expected.

This is an appropriate analogy.  There is much voodoo in the
car-modding circle as well.

If I added every bolt-on, or pour-in product that claims to improve
milage and boost performance, I'd be faster than an Indy car, and would
only have to stop at gas stations to take excess fuel OUT of my gas
tank. ;).

I'm sure that many of the modders here do make genuine improvements in
the SB ... and I'm just as sure that many of them don't.  You can only
make an inital guess by looking at published data (if any), and then
taking the plunge and listening to your modded box after the fact.
Hopefully, the modder was honest and competent, and you got a better
sounding box.  Only you can decide that for yourself ... and whether it
was worth the expense.

Me?  I'll keep my SB3 like I keep my car ... bone-stock.

--
jeffluckett