khewa;144616 Wrote:
> Hi P Floding,
> I would like to get the same sonic nirvana as you did. Did you modifiy
> your SB3 to get the level of sonic quality that you're currently
> getting ? is the linear power supply from Elpac ?

I use a linear power supply, yes. It is not the Elpac. I haven't tested
with the switched power supply for some time, so I don't know what it
would sound like.

Just a few notes: It seems that the superb sound I got was dependent on
a few important things. First the signal ground hookup (unused analogue
connection), then shorted inputs on the TacT, and finally the state of
the digital RCA connectors. As it turns out it seems I have to fiddle
with these connectors at least every day to maintain great sound.

BTW, even multitrack studio recordings will sound better than ever, but
to really hear the difference you need a good recording  that captures
the room reverb information. Also, it seems that things originally
recorded on analogue tape and only recently transferred to CD sounds
best.

--
P Floding