P Floding;151366 Wrote:
> What do you mean by dielectric "forming"?
> It is there, all right.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dielectric

I don't understand your post.  Are you asking me a question?  I was
quoting Jenks:

Jenks Wrote:

> I think the main reason is dialectrics in cables and capacitors forming
> slowly, but that is at best just an informed guess.

and pointing out that no such process happens.

SoftwireEngineer Wrote:

> I was talking to a cable manufacturer's brother who joined the business
> after quitting software. He said, 'Oh man..this business is so weird,
> the interconnect will sound different when we change the number of
> twists'.

This is perfectly easy to understand.  When you change the number of
twists, you change the capacitance, which will have some effect on the
frequency response and hence what you hear (might be negligible, but if
you add enough twists it will not be).  Such a change is much, much
larger than any change due to "burn-in" (if there is even any such
effect at all).  In other words every time you nudge your interconnects
or speaker cables and change their geometry you are making a much bigger
change than running current through them for hundreds of hours.

Actually some expensive cables test much worse than cheap ones (I can
dig up the reference if necessary), as apparently some manufacturers
don't understand even basic electronics.

As for oxidation on contacts, certainly this happens, but it's not what
audiophiles mean when they talk about burn-in (as far as I can
understand at least), and it's certainly not a change for the better.

--
opaqueice