CardinalFang;151561 Wrote:
> Following the links on Wikipedia led to this short piece from the German
> Magazine AUDIO that is very revealing:
>
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/printthread.php?t=676404
>
> Oh - here's the link to a page to help you determine what type of
> response to music you have:
>
> http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t40690.html

Very interesting, thank you very much for that post. I'll run it by
some of our acustics profs to see if they are familiar with these
studies.

Peoples response to the online test are interesting. Seems their
musical predilections are not always what they should be according to
the German test.

Of course we all know the German's are pretty wierd :-) I mean, they
never jaywalk ;-)

My favorite instruments are classical guitar(let's hope so), violin and
cello.
But  I really like all instruments and many genres of music ( even my
kid's hip/hop, love idlewild and dangermouse's grey album) The
composer's or interpreters musical intentions are now more important to
me than the medium (instrument.)

Perhaps experience(either as listener and/or musician) can affect our
organic predilections?

I guess this would be a nature versus nurture debate.
Can you imagine what this could do to the high end industry, get tested
, go to designers of that kind of equipment, audio nirvana gauranteed
:-)

--
tomjtx