"Well yes that's cool...
dielectrics do degrade over time...through oxidation etc"

Is that intended to be a put down or did you just misread my post?  The
military wanted to degrade the dielectric before use?

Since you are so dogmatic about it Phil, how many controlled
experiments on burn in have you performed?  I am interested in others
observations - not the closed minded application or your models to my
reality.  Dismissing my observations with your derisive closed mind is
not appreciated.

Perhaps you come here to debate with people to continually reinforce
your comfort that you already know everything.  I don't.  I come here
to share experiences and views.

--
Jenks