Sorry I haven't read the entire thread, but I do have a thought or two
about this.

I purchased a phono pre-amp from a manufacturer in the UK that
recommends BURNING IN for 24+ hours before using, and not just having
it on, but actually playing audio through it.  They even recommended a
CD that is recorded with the RIAA curve to feed the preamp from a CD
player.  The level on the CD is compensated for the lower input
requirement of the preamp so it won't kill it.

I didn't do a before/after listening test, but all of the reviews I
read about the preamp before purchase mentioned this and said it really
did make a difference in the sound.

I've been in the recording biz for over 35-years and have done many a
session where we could hear a difference in the console when it had
only been on for a few hours as opposed to several days.

--
Eric Seaberg

Eric Seaberg - San Diego
[EMAIL PROTECTED]