Phil,

Your advice seems sound to me. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I don't
live in the UK. I live in Canada, but the Rothwells are certainly still
an option. They wind up being something like $75 shipped, so pretty
reasonably priced. As far as servicing goes, I'll check with the guy I
bought the 303 from and see what he had done to it over the years. He's
a bit of a technician himself, so perhaps he's already had a go at a few
of the things you've mentionned.

Although servicing is not in the budget for the moment, it's something
I want to keep on the horizon for the next few months. I'm thinking of
having the DIN and the power plug jack changed for more conventional
stuff at the same time.

I'll order the Rothwells, have the cable made, and I'll be sure to let
you know how it goes.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

--
LikeButtah