Mark Lanctot;154969 Wrote:
> You could also use passive attenuators and go from the SB3 direct to the
> amp.
>
> Strangely, the reports of the white noise of death appear to have
> ceased.

Funny you should mention this. I had an occurrence a couple of days ago
while attempting to play a programme recorded from BBC R3 via DTTV using
EyeTV on a Mac, and converted to Apple Lossless (at least, I think it
was the Apple Lossless version. I had converted one to AIFF as well as
an experiment). It was playing from my iTunes library. I haven't tried
to repeat it yet (and don't particularly want to!) to investigate
further, but it was a nasty surprise. This is using SS 6.5 on an SB2,
by the way. It's just struck me as I write that I'm not sure whether I
told iTunes to switch it from 48kHz to 44.1kHz during the conversion
(and haven't had time to check whether this matters).

--
geraint smith