opaqueice;156682 Wrote:
> And don't forget we're talking about, say, a 10-gauge speaker wire
> carrying a current of around an amp.  Not exactly a major stress.
I don't think we're talking about cables wearing out as such, but there
is degradation due to corrosion and UV light on insulators for example.
The question is, is this a positive or negative effect? If you are
carrying AC power to a motor, it really doesn't matter if there's a
tiny bit more resistance, but since AC at higher frequencies travels on
the surface of cables, a corroding surface may well make things worse
for audio - or just different.

--
CardinalFang