Agree there is a lot of sand in the air in Beijing, and doubtless some
gets into my ears. I guess my perspective differs from yours & we have
to agree to disagree. But with current flowing at close to the speed of
light in cables (3x 10^8 m/sec) and sound at around 343m/sec (at 20C) I
always come back to the issue of delays (eg due to skin effect in
cables) in electrical circuits, versus delays due to sound attenuation
in air. For example, since the speed of sound varies by about 0.5m/sec
per deg C, the above mentioned 50 nanosec 'skin effect' sound delay has
to be compared with a similar speed of sound difference between your two
speakers caused by a temperature difference of just 0.1 x10^-6Deg C.
(1/10 th of a millionth of a deg C) between path A and path B. On this
basis if you breathed in the wrong direction (at speaker A), you'd
influence the speed of sound time delay much more than any skin effect
in your cables. Ok, you can play with the numbers and maybe someone
needs to recheck my maths, but you have to come back to the ratio of
speed of sound in air to speed of electrons in copper (1/874635).  I
agree skin effect can have a physical impact, but is it an audible
effect,  does perhaps the temperature stability of the room and where
you are sitting have more to do with it?

Then you have to worry about the attenuation of high frequencies in
air. About 0.03xF db/meter.  (F in kHz). Maybe not a big effect in a
normal house, but ball-park i'd guess more than the attenuation of high
frequecies due to the skin effect.

Cheers,

dan

--