chinablues;157143 Wrote:
> Surface corrosion of copper cables would effectively make the cable
> slightly thinner...with the current now flowing in this thinner cable.
> This would make little difference until the cable got exceedingly thin.

That's not exactly my point - if the surface is corroded, then the
higher frequencies will tend to travel through corroded or oxidised
metal. I once worked for an inspection company that measured surface
cracks in metal using AC current and measuring voltage drops. It isn't
a timing issue, but one of current travelling through a higher
resistance surface to the orginal clean surface. And the frequencies
don't need to be that high.

Whether you can hear it is debatable, but it can be a genuine effect on
cable conductivity.

--
CardinalFang