GaryG;157897 Wrote:

> What it boils down to is I'm too honest for my own good, I ordered my
> transporter on the basis of the marketing and am disappointed to read
> about it's relative ranking.

But "reading" isn't "hearing" and discerning for yourself what you
prefer.

This is especially true in audiophilia: if it were as simple as making
a "This is the best speaker, this is the best amp, this is the best
DAC, etc" list that was Universally Agreed On, all the Audio forums and
magazines would serve no purpose.  Maybe an annual "this is the cream of
the crop" list and ignore everything else.

People have differing tastes and ears.

Use audiophile reviews sparingly and trust yourself and your own ears
more.

--
snarlydwarf