See Tom's post. You don't even know what a stock Transporter will do.
You do know, on paper, some of the things it does: exceptionally low,
world class jitter, first-class DAC, etc.  So it is worth at least
TRYING for a week before voiding your return policy and warranty, isn't
it?

As for Wayne, I'm sure he can do all sorts of stuff.  Now, do you
really think he is going to out-engineer their DAC?  Dubious.  Maybe
some output improvement or whatever -- sure, I'm willing to believe
that.

But believe this: moving your speakers a few inches will probably make
more of a difference.

In the end, it is your money, of course, and you can and will do
whatever you want.  But, if you don't  think the Transporter will hold
up, what makes you think that Bolder will turn it into a magic,
best-in-the-world source?

Remember: 30 day return policy.  Giving it a week or two try should
definitely give you an idea, assuming you are technical in nature, as
to whether or not a mod is worth it.  Then you can make your decision.
If you decide the damn thing is not up to par, then just return it.
Nothing to get worked up about, but I just don't get your reasoning.
Please, take no offense, but it very much sounds like you're into the
status and exotica think just as much as you're into audio
reproduction.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.