jhm731;158250 Wrote:

> PS- IMO, the SD's Transporter marketing statement- "And performance
> that is not matched by ANY product that we've been able to find."  Is
> pure hype!

To be clear, I am talking about objectively measurable performance
(SNR, jitter, dynamic range etc), which admittedly is not the
be-all-end-all of perceived sound quality. However, it's a lot better
than nothing! I will happily eat my hat and retract that statement as
soon as I can find anything that performs better than Transporter.

Also, all of the test data that I post here on the forums includes all
the necessary setup information for anyone with similar measuring
equipment to independently verify. For example, here is the Transporter
smoking the Benchmark DAC1 and the dScope's built-in signal generator in
a noise floor and jitter measurement:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=28126

I will _never_ expect you to take my word for it. Go ahead and try
these tests for yourself - you don't need a $13K analyzer, you can also
get useful comparative measurements with a good sound card and the
RightMark software. Try blind ABX listening too.

If you're going to shoot down my claim as "pure hype" then I hope you
can back up your position. I've done my best to articulate mine.

--
seanadams