bergek;159989 Wrote:
> (unless the transmitter is powered down if the wired network is used -
> is it?). If that affect is even measureable I don't know but for
> someone with a degree in physics I think it is sounds much more likely
> that it would make a difference than most other tweaks I keep reading
> about here.

Thanks again to all.

My conclusions (right or wrong) are that 'g' type protocol is probably
safest. I think I will probably wire the SB to the network in my
listening room (since the PC is there as well) and will probably use
wireless in other rooms of the house for future SB's.

I think bergek touched on the route of my concerns - will a powered
wireless circuit (although not used) compromise a wired arrangement
that is active in the same SB unit?

Pat, perhaps you are right, buy the thing and listen.

I note though in the UK there is a price difference between wired and
wireless. I have already sold a kidney and one of my children to
finance the Lyngdorf amp + drivers and cannot afford a divorce as well
as a wireless SB.

I will search the forum on tweaks and mods for the SB....any tips or
pointers?

Greetings from Sussex

--
moth