mr335;161453 Wrote:
> Just ordered a squeezebox for christmas after reading all the positive
> reviews and looking at some of the equipment on here.
> I want to make the most of it though so am considering getting a new
> amp at the moment I only have an old Kenwood KA2060R and I'm toying
> with the idea of getting a tube amp, I've got my eye on the Jolida
> 102B. I'm just wondering if my speakers will be alright with this amp
> though, my speakers are B&W DM601s, are these good enough to cope with
> a Jolida 102B?
>
> Thanks.

I'd recommend anyone to try tube amps, but:

- The Jolida will drive your 601s, but not to a real party level

- Your proposed system would be not the most balanced.  That's fine if
you're planning to upgrade the speakers within a year or so, but if
not, you may do better to think more about system synergy.

My first tube amp was a 10W Audio Innovations, and I had it driving
some old KEFs.  It sounded great, much better than the
Audiolab/Cyrus/Rotel/Arcam integrateds that I tried, and it was loud
enough for a teenager into Hendrix (albeit one whose parents
weren't...)

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 into Derek Shek d2, Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio
Research 859, Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost cables