opaqueice;162050 Wrote:
> None - I don't have a TP.
>

> The one thing which is totally obvious is that people's opinions of how
> things sound vary tremendously, which means they are an extremely
> unreliable guide.  Therefore I prefer to winnow down the number of
> options I consider using logic and reason, and then go listen to it and
> see if I like it, rather than rely on "so-and-so prefers such-and-such."
>

> There are two possibilities for a TP connected to an external DAC (I'm
> ignoring the wordclock option, which I agree is superior but requires a
> very expensive DAC):
>
> 1) TP connected to a DAC which is immune to jitter (if you don't
> believe such DACs exist move to option 2).
> In this case the transport is totally irrelevant sound-wise, so one
> should use the source which is most convenient/cheapest/prettiest,
> which is probably not the TP.
>
> 2) TP connected to a non-jitter-immune DAC.
> In this case the DAC is receiving a noisy signal and has an additional
> disadvantage before it can even equal the TP.  Of course there may be
> DACs out there that can do this, or that simply have analogue stages
> that sound better to some people, but that would be the exception
> rather than the rule.

The lessloss has a word clock for less than USD $3K. the reason being
1) they got no remote 2) they use jumper settings instead of software
settings (not convenient) 3) batteries instead of arrays of expensive
power supplies 4) not very aggressive on advertising 5) no upsampling
to DSD

actually if u consider the fact that a used emm labs is only around
$4k, lessloss does seem expensive now lolx.

--
Konig