I see - your explanation makes sense to me (the separate signals going
straight back into the same circuit in the amp).

What Hi-Fi doesn't seem to agree that it takes two amp circuits to
benefit:

http://www.whathifi.com/newsMainTemplate.asp?storyID=59&newssectionID=3

http://www.whathifi.com/newsMainTemplate.asp?storyID=60&newssectionID=3

> Biwiring involves the use of two runs of cable between an amp and a
> suitable pair of speakers, and works because the return feeds between
> the speakers and amplifier aren't carrying full-range signal, but only
> that relevant to the appropriate part of the speaker.
>
> So the treble and mid/bass are kept apart right from the speaker
> outputs of the amp to the speakers, the result usually being a sound
> with greater bass control and punch, and a crisper, cleaner treble. All
> this is heard as a greater focus of the sound, and better presence and
> detail.

> With the possible exception of amps with springclip terminals, which
> have trouble accommodating even single cables, any amp can be used for
> biwiring. Some provide twin sets of speaker terminals specifically
> designed for biwiring, while others have A and B speaker outlets you
> can use to the same effect. If the latter's the case, you need both
> sets of terminals turned on all the time.

So I've been hoodwinked by popular media?

Still, at least at least it shouldn't adversely affect anything. I'm
just about to go and have a listen at more normal volume levels now
that the family isn't in bed.

--
Impeller