I've read several (unfortunate) threads on the topic of modifications.
I'll keep my opinion to myself.  I will say that I am thrifty but I
also recognize the ability to add value to a product through better
engineering.  The example of the motocycle parts is a good one.  Of
course, there are limits.  I'm into cycling.  A rule of thumb is that
it costs a dollar, more or less, to lose one gram of weight on a racing
bike.  Losing a pound is expensive!  At my age, that money is better,
well, less spent on food and drink.

Anyway, I haven't read about a modification to increase reception.  The
Transporter has two external anttenae.  The Squeezebox has, presumably,
one internal antenna.  Would it take much to add an externa antenna of
some sort?  I can't imagine it would cost much.  I have two routers in
my home, one of which is a scant six feet from the Squeezebox.  My
reception varies between 65%-75%.  I don't know whether that is good or
bad.  One would think that 100% is optimal.  I do get drop-outs.

Ideas?

--
lafayette

Sweet Home Alabama