lafayette;165772 Wrote:

> Anyway, I haven't read about a modification to increase reception.  The
> Transporter has two external anttenae.  The Squeezebox has, presumably,
> one internal antenna.  Would it take much to add an externa antenna of
> some sort?  I can't imagine it would cost much.  I have two routers in
> my home, one of which is a scant six feet from the Squeezebox.  My
> reception varies between 65%-75%.  I don't know whether that is good or
> bad.  One would think that 100% is optimal.  I do get drop-outs.
>
> Ideas?

The SB3 has two internal antennae.

I havent opened one up, but sure, it's possible to replace one of them
with an external.  I would break my router first, though: routers are
dime-a-dozen and if you blow it up, it isnt hard to run to the store
and grab another one.

There are plenty of plans for antennas online (google for "pringles
antenna" for example...).

--
snarlydwarf