Hi Everyone! I have strange Problem with my system.

My system:

SB3 (Latest firmware and Slimserver) I am Only playing .Flac files done
with EAC /Plextor

Digital Out from SB3 -> Musical Fidelity X-Dac v3 -> Musical Fidelity
X-10 V3 Tube Buffer -> Cambridge AZUR 840A Amp.

Speakers: Chario Hyper 2000 Tower Reference + Elac CL 4Pi Plus (A
universally applicable omnidirectional tweeter)

The Strange thing is that i get much better sound if i set the Volume
at 80% in slimserver -> Player settings!

The Sound is more open and wider, Better channel separation, Warmer,
bigger, smother treble etc .with 80% Volume setting !
It´s like 100% is HIFI good sound, and 80% is like moving to High-END
!
I have done some troubleshooting / Testing but i can´t find why i gets
this effect.

tested my "old" NAD CD player digital out to DAC to see if the
"Problem" was my SB3, But the NAD sounded like the SB3 With 100% Volume
setting.
And There is no way adjusting the digital output signal from the NAD.

I have tried Without the X-10 V3 Tube buffer, But the 80% still Sounds
much better !

Have even tried the analog outputs from SB3 but my Dac sounds much
better at 100% volume.

Is my Dac broken or something else wrong?

Please is there someone with External DAC / Simular setup that can try
80% vs 100% volume setting?

Best Regars!

/Mats :-)

--