krochat;166334 Wrote:
> You might think so, but you're not. The RCS has an AD1896 asychronous
> rate converter on the input that conceptually does a D-to-A-to-D on the
> input signal to upconvert it to 96kHz for internal processing. You need
> to reduce the digital level in the SB3 before it gets to the RCS input
> to prevent digital overload in the AD1896 conversion process.
>
> Regards,
> Kim

Kim,
Ummm - interesting. So where does the TACT level control fit in? - I
assumed it was before the AD1896..are you saying it is after?
Also what exactly is the level sensing measuring - I'd assume it was
the level on the way out of the unit (so you could see if the RC was
creating clipping by boosting. I gather from what you are saying it is
the level on the way in - is that right?

Obviously I need to do more research!

...I'll report back after some major playing about with levels.

--
Phil Leigh