Phil Leigh;166320 Wrote:
> However, I also remembered that I have the "max level" on the TACT set
> to -6.9dB...so I'm already doing the "90%" thing in the digital domain
> before the DAC.

You might think so, but you're not. The RCS has an AD1896 asychronous
rate converter on the input that conceptually does a D-to-A-to-D on the
input signal to upconvert it to 96kHz for internal processing. You need
to reduce the digital level in the SB3 before it gets to the RCS input
to prevent digital overload in the AD1896 conversion process.

Regards,
Kim

--
krochat

------
SB3 (+linear) -> Big Ben -> TacT RCS 2.2X -> 2xS2150 -> Vandersteen 3a
Signature + TacT W210