crooner;169976 Wrote:
> The Dussun is probably a low feedback design. Those ultra low THD
> figures are usually the result of tons and tons of negative feedback.
>
> Did you get a McIntosh amp? What model?

Thanks for more than a curt 'specs don't tell the whole story'
response, I'll keep that in mind when looking at amp THD specs.

Yeah I got a Mcintosh amp from them, but it's for car audio :p It has
the powergaurd feature and is built in Binghampton though. Combined
with their non-amplified dual 20 bit burr brown cd player (didn't
splurge for the external d/a converter but did get the 6 disc
transport) the utter lack of distortion is shocking, given the
environment.

I've wan'tI wasn't bowled over by Mcintosh demos with
B&W or Paradigm at seperate shops, but for some reason had a lingering
meme regarding the compatibility of Vandy and Mcintosh, so I went out
on a limb with the suggestion- having never heard them together.

--
Skunk