adamslim;170449 Wrote:
> Sounds like you're having fun!  My comments:
>
> I have heard Lyngdorf RCS and digital amps, and found them singularly
> unmusical - PRaT-free, if you like!  Clarity and detail, sure, but that
> doesn't really do it for me.  All my personal opinion - others love
> them, I know.
>
> Krell have been going backwards for some years - the little(ish) KSAs
> were one of the last good ones, IMO.  Bet you're glad you kept them!
> Although I agree with the earlier poster re contacts etc - it may be
> worth getting them checked over, it may help further.  That is,
> assuming you can bear to be without them!
>
> Keep us posted :)
>
> Adam

The KSA-50S did service in my second system, before I replaced it with
a T-amp (to cut down on heat generated). The reason for the FPB-200 was
really to drive large electrostatic speakers, which I don't have any
more.

I think the earlier comment above about contacs was due to me being
known to obsess about contacts. ;-)  But why not, if the whole sound of
the system can change due to a little fiddling? Much cheaper than buing
new stuff all the time!

Rgds

--
P Floding