I like the idea of having the display on the remote instead of on the
player.  The remote is always in your hand or nearby when the system is
playing, while the SB may be across a large room where the display isn't
visible.

Putting a display in the remote means it has to have wifi, and unless
you go with OLED or eink, needs a backlight and that means power.  That
means it will need to be rechargeable.  I think a separate charger stand
for it that sits on a table in easy reach is a better idea than to have
a socket in the player which need not be located where it is visible,
since it no longer has a display.

TD

--
tyler_durden