The Lavry DA-10 also has volume control. It has an up/down toggle switch
that controls the volume over (I believe) a 60 dB range. The volume is
displayed on an LED at the right of the unit. I leave mine set in the
low 40's and then control the volume from there with the SB3 remote.
That leaves me generally using the top one-third of the SB3 volume
range which is safe no-bit-loss territory. However, I also have a
DVD/CD player plugged into the optical input of the Lavry and there is
more than enough volume control range on the Lavry itself as a
controller for that player.

That said, I'd prefer a more traditional volume knob for aesthetic
reasons but the switch arrange is more than functional.

--
mlsstl