Pat Farrell;173950 Wrote:
> The price of any product is the sum of BOM cost, engineering cost to
> design, marketing cost, returns, support, marketing, etc. Most
> audiophile manufacturers have tiny volume, typically only a million
> dollars a year or so of revenue, which is not a lot of units when they
> are $5000 (retail) amps or CD transports.
Made me wonder how much it cost them to design the TP. Can't really be
that much, also because they are a small company. A few people working
on it diligently for a year? So maybe half a million $$$? No idea about
marketing cost and such though. So I'm wildly guessing that they need to
sell 300 units to get their initial investment back? Wouldn't be too
bad...

Marc Lanctot Wrote:

> Or will they move on to a lower-grade AKM than that used in the
> Transporter?
How much lower grade is the AKM4395 that's used in the Stello DA100?
That unit sells for $700... ( http://hifi500.com/product/da100.htm ).
SB3 + Stello = $1K...

jan

--