adamslim;176250 Wrote:
> I think there's actually very little stuff that's genuinely bad.  Why
> would a manufacturer make it?  Why would a dealer sell it?  All there
> is is stuff that I like and stuff that doesn't really do it for me.
> Since you might like different things, it probably balances out.

No offense intended, but I couldn't disagree with you more.  A huge
proportion of "high-end" audio products are total garbage, at least
from a price/performance point of view.  It's true a $15,000 wire will
conduct electricity, but so will a 10 cent wire, and so by any
reasonable standard the $15,000 version should get a very, very bad
review.  Instead the reviewers spout nonsense about speed, timing,
extension, etc., when in truth they'd be incapable of picking the thing
out in a blind test.  It's pretty despicable, really.

Here for example:

http://stereophile.com/cables/1206tara/index.html

--
opaqueice