jmourik;179108 Wrote:
> Yesterday I had the chance to compare the Lite Dac-60, slightly modded
> by the owner, to a modded Transporter (no idea what the mods are). To
> my surprise I couldn't hear a difference between them! We were
> switching back and forth, the dac fed by the digital out of the
> Transporter, and it sounded the same to me! We already compared the TP
> to a stock SB3 and a Bolder modded SB2, and of course the TP beat both
> of them handsomely. So I was quite surprised to find the dac60 to be
> equal to the TP!  I was very surprised, and partly glad, partly
> disappointed. Glad, because it will save me a lot of money,
> disappointed, because the TP looks so good...

Just out of curiousity, have you ever compared two DACs with the same
source and heard a difference?

I have, but only when one was distorting due to an impedence mismatch.
When both DACs are reasonably well designed and functioning properly,
volume matched, and with a decent source, I doubt very much there will
be any audible differences.

--
opaqueice