By the way, the Bolder SB2, and Modified Transporter are from me. I
brought them to the meeting. And of course I have listened to all of
them in my system.

Jan is talking about transporter feeding the Lite-DAC60 having the same
sound as the transporter analog out. I have never listened to this setup
so I can't, but I have listened to the stock SB3 feeding the Lite-DAC60
compared with the transporter analog out. In that instance, the
transporter is of course warmer, smoother, and goes deeper.

The digital section of the modified transporter is probably just as
good as a digitally modified squeezebox with Silver/Gold Bybee. It's
warm, smooth, no glare. I have listened to the stock transporter but
still prefers the digitally modified squeezebox, and now I heard the
modified transporter and I was very impressed with it.

I cannot comprehend what Jan was referring to as "weird" sound from the
Bolder SB2, it certainly didn't sounded "weird" to me in my sytem. But
there's a bit regrets with the setup Jan listened because all the
sources goes through a preamp, whereas my experience has always been
running the Bolder SB2 analog out and the transporter analog out
directly into the power amp. I didn't get to hear them in similar
manner at the meeting because when we set up the transporter directly
into the amp, it generated a loud pink noise and that got the host a
little nervous. So since then everything has to go through a preamp.

Jan was also talking about hearing a difference between the transporter
and the ARCAM CDP, from my past memory of listening to the ARCAM, if I
am to describe each of them in terms of "warmness", the the ranking
goes:

ARACM > Transporter analog out > Bolder SB2 analog out > Stock SB3
analog out.

So the ARCAM is warmest, but warm doesn't means best sound or vice
versa. It all depends on what you're looking for, and how well it match
with the rest of your gears.

--
95bcwh