325xi;180357 Wrote:
> I just noticed dBpoweramp Reference claim: "Rip Securely digitally
> record audio CDs, with C2 error pointer support". So I went to here
> http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm and what the guys say there
> looks rather promising. They say their approach based on EAC. They do
> check CRC, and the algorithm seems to be quite sophisticated.

OK.  Must be the most recent version.  As I said, I was using older
versions.

This isn't to say that I don't like dBpowerAMP, I just didn't fully
trust those older versions were as accurate as EAC.

Regarding a separate tagger - I have to use it less than 10% of the
time, maybe 5% of the time.  It's only when I miss one of the
ubitiquous freedb errors that is retrieved when the disc is loaded
(i.e. it's my fault.)

--
Mark Lanctot

"It's like, you know, a New Age religion, but with better treble
response." - Jon Heal