Eric Carroll;180440 Wrote:
> Would you not also agree that claims of performance and efficacy based
> on single users hearing it, given all the issues I listed and which you
> did not dispute, are also a form of proof by assertion by side A?

Actually I don't agree.
When people suggest that they hear an effect they are not asking others
to accept it based purely on their say so.  They are reporting the
effect and suggesting that others try the experiment to see if they can
repeat the result.  I get the impression that there is an unwillingness
to try out these tweaks because of a belief that -it can't work-
because there is no good physical explanation.

Using your example of vibration isolators under the SB3, I'm asking
that you please test it.  I only get frustrated when people say it
can't make a difference and aren't even willing to try.

If you need a plausible explanation of why it might make a difference
then I suggest you look into known effects in electronic components.
Capacitors can be microphonic.  The silicon used to make all
transistors and integrated circuits is piezoresistive (resistance
changes with mechanical stress).  So there are reasons to think that
vibrations could affect sound.

I'm not saying these are the reasons one hears a difference - just that
one can offer up theories if one wants.  But I'm not sure we have the
tools to prove or disprove these theories so why bother?  Just give a
listen.

---Gary

--
GaryB