P Floding;180534 Wrote:

> 3. Side B often asserts what is "possible" when in fact they are merely
> stating what is the current set of accepted "truths". (And often limited
> to a rather small subset of "common knowledge" at that.)

But this isn't about possibility.  Anything is possible (trivial formal
statements aside); therefore possibility is totally uninteresting.  What
matters in the real world is not possibility, it's plausibility and the
relative likelihood of different explanations.

At least for my part, the point is simply that there is an extremely
plausible and likely explanation for these observed differences; namely
psychology.  Sometimes there is another plausible explanation as well
(measurable harmonic distortion, say) and it isn't easy to choose one
over the other without more data, and sometimes there isn't another (as
in the case of ebony hockey pucks).

Obviously how plausible something is requires a judgement call - that's
life.  One way to judge it is to ask the opinion of experts, meaning
scientific researchers in that field without a financial interest in
the answer, another is to learn something about the physics involved
and draw your own conclusions.

--
opaqueice